Sex Offender Registration
Sex offenders are required to register in Arkansas. Details on the Sex Offender Registration Act of 1997 can be found in Arkansas Code Annotated §12-12-901 -- 12-12-920.
Who is Required to Register?
- Any individual who is convicted of certain sex offenses and offenses against children if the conviction occurred as of the Act's effective date, or
- Any individual who was incarcerated, on probation or parole, or serving any other form of community supervision as the result of an adjudication of guilt for the listed offenses as of this Act's effective date, or
- Any person who is acquitted on the grounds of mental disease or defect for the listed offenses as of the Act's effective date, or
- Any person who was required to register under the prior Act, the Habitual Child Sex Offender Registration Act, Arkansas Code Annotated §12-12-901, or
- Any sex offender moving to or returning to this state from another jurisdiction where registration is required. Such offenders shall register with the local law enforcement agency having jurisdiction within 3 business days of establishing residency.
Registered Sex Offenders on the Web
All sex offenders required to register in the State of Arkansas must submit to assessment by the Sex Offender Screening & Risk Assessment Program coordinated by the Arkansas Department of Correction. Each offender is assigned a community notification level based on the results of the assessment. Offenders failing to submit to assessment are assigned by default to a community notification level of 3, but may also be considered for assignment as level 4.
Arkansas Code Annotated §12-12-913 (j)(1)(A), mandated that information on registered sex offenders determined to require the broadest level of notification to the public (Level 3 and Level 4), must be available on the Arkansas state website by January 1, 2004. Pursuant to §12-12-911(Viii), Level 2 offenders that appear on the website are offenders that were 18 years of age or older at the time of the commission of the sex offense and the victim was 14 years of age or younger. Registered sex offenders who have not yet been assessed with a final community notification level are not included on this website.
Photographs are not available for all sex offenders listed on this webiste, but are included when available. Positive identification of a person believed to be a sex offender cannot be established unless the offender's fingerprints are compared against the fingerprints taken at the time of arrest or incarceration. Persons who have been arrested but not convicted are not required to register.
The information on this site is provided as a service to the community and is reviewed and updated regularly by the Arkansas Crime Information Center, prior to appearing on these pages, in order to ensure that it is complete and accurate. However, this information can change quickly and information provided by convicted sex offenders is frequently submitted intentionally in error. If you believe any information found in these records is incorrect, please contact the Arkansas Crime Information Center, Sex Offender Registry.
Anyone who uses this information to commit a criminal act against another person is subject to criminal prosecution. Due to the sensitive nature of this information, activity on this site is monitored.
You must agree to these conditions in order to enter the site.